The Semi-Retired Foamer has been a railfan since he was around 5 years old, oh yes a very young age, an age when one really should avoid being involved with the gunzel community to any great extent. A few rather unsavoury people bringing that fact home.
After a few decades of train chasing, one decided to break with protocol and get married, thus leading to a severe cut in railfan activity.
Subsequent dealings with hate breeders, lunatics, mental defectives and self-appointed preservation overlords lead to an even greater decrease in my hobby participation.
However things have changed thanks to our small group of trusted mates, interest has returned, and now I have become a bit more involved yet again.
.
_
Over the years I have tried my best to further both the hobby, as well as the friendships that it brings. I have done this by setting up proactive groups both here in Australia, as well as the Philippines. It is with huge honour that I am often considered the founding father of the railfan hobby in the Philippines (my second home).
_
I don't take the hobby too seriously and I am a friend to anyone who is good and genuine. But never forgive those who have used their hate to destroy my hobby or hurt the friends within it.

Let's Make The Hobby Great Again!
I aim to share the era that I considered mine, the 80s and 90s. I also like to help promote, and even raise funds for, the various heritage societies that keep the era alive
_
**** LOCOMOTIVE/ PUBLICATIONS ****
-
We occasionally publish information on the locomotives, and rollingstock, from railways in Australia and the Philippines.
All are available for
FREE at our ALR WEBSITE.




Please email me should you wish to use anything from this site !



Wednesday, December 23, 2020

RANDOM BUS GUFF PT5

 


Despite promises made in part four that it would be a long time before I painfully inflicted more bus photographs upon the world, I have already found more than enough to compile this for your viewing boredom.

This time there is a mix of photos (70s-2000s) from Australia, Fiji and the Philippines. Most were taken by me, others taken by my grandparents. 


Bus and Truck Museum tow truck on King Georges Road at Roselands. This was back in the day when they were still situated at Tempe.


First bus photo I took in the Philippines.
I actually think it is outside Manila, on the road from Sta Rosa to Tagaytay.




Across Australia Coachlines
UBX-949
Eddy Ave (Central)
80s
Apparently this company went on to be part of Bus Australia, which itself merged with Greyhound and Ansett Pioneer, becoming Greyhound Australia.



M/O 1512    
Sydney Domestic Airport 
Things be looking a little different there nowadays.



Mk1 Leyland Leopard
M/O 3728 (From the former Enfield bus depot)
415 to Summer Hill station.
Bus became #21 with Ruttys of Figtree. But would eventually be scrapped.



Deluxe coach passing through Mascot.
1980s.
Company ceased in 1990 with nearly 200 coaches.



MO-1163 (3641 behind)
Homebush Showground
14-4-2000


M/O 3768
302 to Sans Souci
Mascot
Not much left the same in this shot.
3768 is scrapped.
Best and Less is now Auto One.
Newsagent moved to Botany Road.
South Sydney Travel is no longer there. Think it may have been the late Tony Bailey's 'Mercury World Travel' at one stage.



Unidentified Bus
Kildare Road, Blacktown
23-5-2020


Leyland Royal Tiger 3095 Registered. 
31080H at Fairfield Showground 01-12-2018.



M/O 2812
Withdrawn 2011
  Sold to the 'Church of Scientology'
  Bus Australia lists it as now being unregistered in Muswellbrook (2017).




Nothing makes you feel old more than finding a shot you took when about 5 years younger than your son.
2806
Sydney Explorer
Circular Quay



A selection of buses in the old bus area at the east end of Circular Quay.



Busways 903
M/O 8521 on Kildare Road at Blacktown.
23-5-2020


Shore Buses Ltd of Fiji - Phyll Cockle



Back when school excursions meant a ride on a classic bus.
Thankfully my nan took a few shots of these at the rear of Sans Souci Public School.
Yeah, that's me in the top shot, next to board the bus.


Centralian Tours was a favourite operator of  my grandparents, having gone on numerous of their tours.


3809 at Eastgardens (Sydney) - 26-6-2020

I am not much into the buses that followed the old Mercedes. But this type is dwindling in number and have suddenly become worthy of aiming the lens at.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for me this year, taking a couple of weeks break from the online work and abuse.
A HUGE thank you to everyone who has followed my blogs in 2020, a year that has been terribly hard for most of us, I really hope everyone sees a huge improvement in 2021.
Enjoy...










No comments: