The Semi-Retired Foamer has been a railfan since he was around 5 years old, oh yes a very young age, an age when one really should avoid being involved with the gunzel community to any great extent. A few rather unsavoury people bringing that fact home.
After a few decades of train chasing, one decided to break with protocol and get married, thus leading to a severe cut in railfan activity.
Subsequent dealings with hate breeders, lunatics, mental defectives and self-appointed preservation overlords lead to an even greater decrease in my hobby participation.
However things have changed thanks to our small group of trusted mates, interest has returned, and now I have become a bit more involved yet again.
.
_
Over the years I have tried my best to further both the hobby, as well as the friendships that it brings. I have done this by setting up proactive groups both here in Australia, as well as the Philippines. It is with huge honour that I am often considered the founding father of the railfan hobby in the Philippines (my second home).
_
I don't take the hobby too seriously and I am a friend to anyone who is good and genuine. But never forgive those who have used their hate to destroy my hobby or hurt the friends within it.

Let's Make The Hobby Great Again!
I aim to share the era that I considered mine, the 80s and 90s. I also like to help promote, and even raise funds for, the various heritage societies that keep the era alive
_
**** LOCOMOTIVE/ PUBLICATIONS ****
-
We occasionally publish information on the locomotives, and rollingstock, from railways in Australia and the Philippines.
All are available for
FREE at our ALR WEBSITE.




Please email me should you wish to use anything from this site !



Monday, March 15, 2021

Cootamundra Engineman's Daily Report Sheets

 


I first happened upon Cootamundra around 1986 (back before the narcissists and psychopaths destroyed our hobby) while on a road trip with David Henderson.
Three years later, again with David Henderson, a car breakdown near Bethungra saw us towed to town for fixing. This lead to a week in this wonderful Riverina town, and started an association that continues to this day.

I plan to cover the early years of these Cootamundra visits at a later date, but recently I scanned a few examples from a big pile of 'Engineman's Daily Report Sheets' found in the old railmotor (loco?) shed before it was demolished.
They appear popular, so made an executive decision to put them all on here.
If I ever rectify my lack of motivation, I may well scan the rest of them :-)


4424 sitting in Cootamundra Loco.
That sand tower survives, now being located across the road at Cootamundra Concrete.












The next one is interesting. It includes South Australian ALCo DL531 #847 which was one of three on loan to the New South Wales railways at the time.



Hope you enjoyed this to some small extent.







No comments: