The Semi-Retired Foamer has been a railfan since he was around 5 years old, oh yes a very young age, an age when one really should avoid being involved with the gunzel community to any great extent. A few rather unsavoury people bringing that fact home.
After a few decades of train chasing, one decided to break with protocol and get married, thus leading to a severe cut in railfan activity.
Subsequent dealings with hate breeders, lunatics, mental defectives and self-appointed preservation overlords lead to an even greater decrease in my hobby participation.
However things have changed thanks to our small group of trusted mates, interest has returned, and now I have become a bit more involved yet again.
.
_
Over the years I have tried my best to further both the hobby, as well as the friendships that it brings. I have done this by setting up proactive groups both here in Australia, as well as the Philippines. It is with huge honour that I am often considered the founding father of the railfan hobby in the Philippines (my second home).
_
I don't take the hobby too seriously and I am a friend to anyone who is good and genuine. But never forgive those who have used their hate to destroy my hobby or hurt the friends within it.

Let's Make The Hobby Great Again!
I aim to share the era that I considered mine, the 80s and 90s. I also like to help promote, and even raise funds for, the various heritage societies that keep the era alive
_
**** LOCOMOTIVE/ PUBLICATIONS ****
-
We occasionally publish information on the locomotives, and rollingstock, from railways in Australia and the Philippines.
All are available for
FREE at our ALR WEBSITE.




Please email me should you wish to use anything from this site !



Friday, April 15, 2011


4456 on a very wet night at Delec (Departure Roads)


4456 trails another 44 at Campsie in the late 80s.


4454 now in Red Terror at Delec locomotive depot.



4452 spending her final days at Sims Metal Mascot.



4453 did not have many more years left beforean accident took her life.

The original Indian Red livery, seen here at Delec, would be her only colour.


4450 was the last to retain the indian red livery along with the red lining and is seen here at Delec.


4451 at Broadmeadow locomotive depot.


4450 at Broadmeadow locomotive depot. She was to be scrapped as the last in the indian red livery to retain the red lining.


4450 stored at Lithgow.


4448 in her pre-Red Terror days at Central.


4446 at Delec.


44233 and 4446 on an east bound freight arriving at Bathurst.


4446 leads a train from Griffith during a brief stop at Barellan.


4445 awaits attention at Delec.


4445 and 4424 stored at Junee roundhouse and awaiting their ultimate, and sad, fate.

No comments: