The Semi-Retired Foamer has been a railfan since he was around 5 years old, oh yes a very young age, an age when one really should avoid being involved with the gunzel community to any great extent. A few rather unsavoury people bringing that fact home.
After a few decades of train chasing, one decided to break with protocol and get married, thus leading to a severe cut in railfan activity.
Subsequent dealings with hate breeders, lunatics, mental defectives and self-appointed preservation overlords lead to an even greater decrease in my hobby participation.
However things have changed thanks to our small group of trusted mates, interest has returned, and now I have become a bit more involved yet again.
.
_
Over the years I have tried my best to further both the hobby, as well as the friendships that it brings. I have done this by setting up proactive groups both here in Australia, as well as the Philippines. It is with huge honour that I am often considered the founding father of the railfan hobby in the Philippines (my second home).
_
I don't take the hobby too seriously and I am a friend to anyone who is good and genuine. But never forgive those who have used their hate to destroy my hobby or hurt the friends within it.

Let's Make The Hobby Great Again!
I aim to share the era that I considered mine, the 80s and 90s. I also like to help promote, and even raise funds for, the various heritage societies that keep the era alive
_
**** LOCOMOTIVE/ PUBLICATIONS ****
-
We occasionally publish information on the locomotives, and rollingstock, from railways in Australia and the Philippines.
All are available for
FREE at our ALR WEBSITE.




Please email me should you wish to use anything from this site !



Friday, April 10, 2009

~~ SECURITY GUARDS ~~

Its not only Melbourne Zoo that the monkeys
are seen on the loose!

OK it's not often that the ' Semi Retired Foamer' treats all his readers with a quizz, so I am sure you will all join me in immense foamer excitment as I ask you to tell me the difference between the two photos below.











Now take your time! Don't race this one because you may may a mistake and waste what is a wonderful opportunity to win 10 years free subscription to this illustrious website.
Now before we answer lets look at an incident yesterday at Morandoo Yards while photographing from a PUBLIC STREET!

After my usual rounds of Newcastle (see my upcoming report on the day) I stopped by a Morandoo Yard with far more interesting locomotives than is usuallythe case nowdays. After a U-Turn I proceeded back to park and get photos, over the fence and not on railway property. While photographing an 80 class an 'SNP Security' car drove up and on seeing me photographing the train drove off, obviously utilizing some brain cells to realise I was one of the hundreds of visiting railfans looking at trains.

All was proceeding well untilI decided to photograph 4836 - which drew the frantic attention of a CHUBB Security guard who saw the photography of a 48 class as a possible action of a terrorist.


I can see Mr Bin Laden right now. Sitting in his cave, pawing over back issues of Railway Digest and having 20 aides research blueprints of the DL531, looking for weaknesses in the design that could be used, the ultimate aim to bring down western civilization.
The future of the world now hinges on a humble 48 class and Mr Chubb (an obvious power hungry cowboy with no comprehension of his actual power on public roads) was going to save us all by removing this highly dangerous railfan of 28 years from the area.

** MISTAKE **

Poor old Mr Chubb had not counted on being subject to the famous Spadge, along with his even MORE famous hatred of these disgusting examples of huma
nity.
One enjoys informing these people of the actual laws by which they are
bound and then invite them to call the police.

I never realised how much I missed confronting these morons while I have been spending time out of the hobby. My growing return of interest was given a huge boost as this feral drove off into the distance and I went on
photographing my trains.


BACK TO THE QUIZZ!!!


So have you come up with a
n answer to our little quizz? Thats right - it was a trick question. There is no difference, they are both a COLLECTION OF TOOLS!


No comments: