The Semi-Retired Foamer has been a railfan since he was around 5 years old, oh yes a very young age, an age when one really should avoid being involved with the gunzel community to any great extent. A few rather unsavoury people bringing that fact home.
After a few decades of train chasing, one decided to break with protocol and get married, thus leading to a severe cut in railfan activity.
Subsequent dealings with hate breeders, lunatics, mental defectives and self-appointed preservation overlords lead to an even greater decrease in my hobby participation.
However things have changed thanks to our small group of trusted mates, interest has returned, and now I have become a bit more involved yet again.
.
_
Over the years I have tried my best to further both the hobby, as well as the friendships that it brings. I have done this by setting up proactive groups both here in Australia, as well as the Philippines. It is with huge honour that I am often considered the founding father of the railfan hobby in the Philippines (my second home).
_
I don't take the hobby too seriously and I am a friend to anyone who is good and genuine. But never forgive those who have used their hate to destroy my hobby or hurt the friends within it.

Let's Make The Hobby Great Again!
I aim to share the era that I considered mine, the 80s and 90s. I also like to help promote, and even raise funds for, the various heritage societies that keep the era alive
_
**** LOCOMOTIVE/ PUBLICATIONS ****
-
We occasionally publish information on the locomotives, and rollingstock, from railways in Australia and the Philippines.
All are available for
FREE at our ALR WEBSITE.




Please email me should you wish to use anything from this site !



Saturday, April 25, 2009

~~ FORUMS WITH A SENSE OF HUMOUR ~~

I know for some it is hard to believe, but the railfan hobby is there for fun and isn't actually a life and death situation.
NOW COME ON GUYS, get up off the floor, surely it can't have been that great a shock for you. I mean you don't get paid for it, you do it in your spare time, you get enjoyment from it - so it isn't something you have to begrudgingly do to make some money to feed your sorry mouthes.

I long ago all but gave up on dry, serious and somewhat stale railfan forums because of this and just thought I would promote what I have found around the net in recent times.
All the groups would certainly welcome new members and I would love the chance to talk to other people.
Perhaps you to may have a sense of humour (they are very easy going groups) and like to join them.

I should point out that they aren't my groups, I just enjoy them as a member and don't need more stresses of moderation and group running :-)

Sort of like RailPage but with a sense of humour.
Great train discussions, a tram section and most importantly, a hornbag photography section.

Apparently a railfan forum about railfans - they claim it to be a world first - possibly is.
Quite funny so far and, following bulk whinging, also a hornbag section.

If buses, especially older types and ones now extinct, are what floats your boat, then you will certainly enjoy this forum.
Covering mostly Australia, it does have sections on other countries and also a latest bus news department.

RAILBASTARD

I am not entirely sure of the content there, but it's supposed to be good and coimes with a money back guarantee! NOT!

Hope some of these may be of interest.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hi Spadge! Yep I've heard that Wheelsonsteel is okay, must check it out myself one day ;) . I think it would be only fair to mention railbastard as well. Some really good threads in there, and very troll unfriendly. www.railbastard.com

Cheers