The Semi-Retired Foamer has been a railfan since he was around 5 years old, oh yes a very young age, an age when one really should avoid being involved with the gunzel community to any great extent. A few rather unsavoury people bringing that fact home.
After a few decades of train chasing, one decided to break with protocol and get married, thus leading to a severe cut in railfan activity.
Subsequent dealings with hate breeders, lunatics, mental defectives and self-appointed preservation overlords lead to an even greater decrease in my hobby participation.
However things have changed thanks to our small group of trusted mates, interest has returned, and now I have become a bit more involved yet again.
.
_
Over the years I have tried my best to further both the hobby, as well as the friendships that it brings. I have done this by setting up proactive groups both here in Australia, as well as the Philippines. It is with huge honour that I am often considered the founding father of the railfan hobby in the Philippines (my second home).
_
I don't take the hobby too seriously and I am a friend to anyone who is good and genuine. But never forgive those who have used their hate to destroy my hobby or hurt the friends within it.

Let's Make The Hobby Great Again!
I aim to share the era that I considered mine, the 80s and 90s. I also like to help promote, and even raise funds for, the various heritage societies that keep the era alive
_
**** LOCOMOTIVE/ PUBLICATIONS ****
-
We occasionally publish information on the locomotives, and rollingstock, from railways in Australia and the Philippines.
All are available for
FREE at our ALR WEBSITE.




Please email me should you wish to use anything from this site !



Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Early Froth Part 2




This photograph marks the time my parents first came to the horrible realisation that the son was becoming a dribbly foamer. Imagine how hard this would be for any parent to have to accept, their previously quite normal son suddenly looking at trains and rambling irrlevant train info to all.

It sort of makes those parents upset about their kids turning gay or mass murdering seem a tad ridiculous.

This shot of 4427 at Albion Park was reward for a long 30 minute walk from some cattle saleyards at Albion Park where they were with a relo selling, well, not surprisingly, cattle.

At the time I was pretty new to this dribbly stuff and the 44 class were still a few years away from creating any sort of panty located stirrings, however being there in time to see this train arrive from Nowra was a very exciting moment.

Today the line has been electrified and Albion Park now sees an endless procession of double deck intercity electrics and modern type DMUs serving all its needs. 4427 was to later wear the red terror (red with white lining) livery and then in the 90s was scrapped.

Buggar if I know what become of the passenger rollingstock behind, but it is likely preserved somewhere.

Brad

No comments: