The Semi-Retired Foamer has been a railfan since he was around 5 years old, oh yes a very young age, an age when one really should avoid being involved with the gunzel community to any great extent. A few rather unsavoury people bringing that fact home.
After a few decades of train chasing, one decided to break with protocol and get married, thus leading to a severe cut in railfan activity.
Subsequent dealings with hate breeders, lunatics, mental defectives and self-appointed preservation overlords lead to an even greater decrease in my hobby participation.
However things have changed thanks to our small group of trusted mates, interest has returned, and now I have become a bit more involved yet again.
.
_
Over the years I have tried my best to further both the hobby, as well as the friendships that it brings. I have done this by setting up proactive groups both here in Australia, as well as the Philippines. It is with huge honour that I am often considered the founding father of the railfan hobby in the Philippines (my second home).
_
I don't take the hobby too seriously and I am a friend to anyone who is good and genuine. But never forgive those who have used their hate to destroy my hobby or hurt the friends within it.

Let's Make The Hobby Great Again!
I aim to share the era that I considered mine, the 80s and 90s. I also like to help promote, and even raise funds for, the various heritage societies that keep the era alive
_
**** LOCOMOTIVE/ PUBLICATIONS ****
-
We occasionally publish information on the locomotives, and rollingstock, from railways in Australia and the Philippines.
All are available for
FREE at our ALR WEBSITE.




Please email me should you wish to use anything from this site !



Monday, June 30, 2008

The Gunzel Diaries!

GUNZEL DIARIES

What an interesting lot our readers are, never have I had so much feedback both on the site and in private email than when I include shots of railfans in action :-)
Seems every man and his gerbil wants to see railfans plying their seedy little trade around the place.
To prove that I hear you, and due to the fact it is easier than looking for another new subject to enthrall you with, here is another riveting selection of photos to get you blood racing and your skin crawling.
Please - don't mention it. It was the least I could do and, to be honest, I always do the LEAST I can do!


The now deceased Marrickville carpark location, famous for, amongst other things, our beloved Digest editor earning the nickname 'PUDDLES'
Oh yeah - don't ask me why!!

Mascot level crossing!
What ever become of ol Frank? Anyone know!

The world famous Steve Miller at West Dapto!

Queensland's answer to the 'Mainliners'!

A bit of perversion captured in Randwick in the days before
our money was run off with!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've sucked me in!
I now check in every few days for updates.
There should be more of your humour in the railfan world.
Why has being a rail photographer become such a serious business these days?
How serious can you be standing trackside when almost every bloody train that turns up has one of those horrible GE's on the front.
It seems more like a competition these days of either who you know or what lash up you got.
My favourite part of gunzeling is still the "social" side of it.
Nice photo of the Ample one!